Network Abuse Policy
Each of the following activities and items are strictly PROHIBITED on the network.
- Gaining or attempting to gain unauthorized access to another account, host, device, server or network
- Distributing, posting, sending or collecting unsolicited, duplicative messages to entities that did not expressly request such messages (“Spamming”). WE INTEND TO TAKE SWIFT ACTION AGAINST SPAM.
2.1 **TO REPORT ANY SPAM THAT APPEARS TO ORIGINATE FROM THIS NETWORK PLEASE EMAIL: abuse”at”accsat.com (sorry, had to confuse the spam email gathering robots).
- Engaging in any activity that is contrary to any law. Including but not limited to violation of Copyright laws.
- Participation in the unauthorized exchange (sending, receiving or facilitation) of Copyrighted materials, text, images, data, music, video, pictures and the like.
- Hosting and File Serving. Typical Residential and Commercial accounts are specifically NOT authorized for use with content servers, email servers, or any other content hosting or transmission activities. Customer may be required to pay additional reoccurring fees for Hosting services, and in any event authorization for hosting must be made in writing in advance by the Company.
- Any activity that has the effect of restricting, frustrating or interfering with use of the data services, or of the Internet in general.
- Participation in the exchange (sending, receiving or facilitation) of offensive, sexually explicit or threatening materials, text, images, data, information, music, video, pictures and the like.
- Redistribution, reselling, sub-letting, and/or sharing of the service. Including but not limited to the redistribution of the service by way of a wireless network, or any other redistribution methods.
Customer further agrees that customer is responsible for their access to the network, and that Customer will take appropriate actions against entities that are in violation of the “Acceptable Use and Network Abuse Policy” and that Customer will cooperate fully with the Company in actions taken by Company to enforce such Network Abuse Policy. And, immediately upon discovery, or upon notice from Company of any violation, Customer shall promptly remove or cease any violation, hazard, application, interference or service obstruction at his or her own expense.
The Company reserves the right to screen and monitor usage of the system, and may screen for prohibited activities herein, however, it is under no obligation to do so. And the Company does not certify the network to be free from the prohibited activities listed herein.
Company reserves the right to decline to provide Services to any Customer, and to terminate services to any customer for any reason, without advance notice. The company expects to vigorously address items in violation of the Company’s then current “Acceptable Use & Network Abuse Policy”.
Wireless Subscriber Agreement
Definitions: “Company” or “ACC” means Advanced Communications Company; “Customer” means the person(s) who requested, the person(s) who received, and the person(s) who benefited from the materials and services delivered (jointly and severally).
- Monthly Service Charges Apply. Rates vary by geographic location, and level of service. A reoccurring monthly service charge applies to service access.
- Customer Premise Equipment (“CPE”) shall mean equipment that is provided by the Company within or under Customer’s control. Customer is responsible for maintaining and operating CPE unless otherwise expressly provided under this Agreement. If Customer has not purchased CPE, Company shall retain title to CPE and Customer shall promptly return all CPE to Company and/or promptly provide Company with reasonable access to Customers’ facilities in order to recover the CPE immediately upon termination of this Agreement. For CPE owned by Company but under Customer’s control, Customer shall protect Company’s title and keep the CPE free from all claims, liens, encumbrances, and legal processes and Customer shall notify Company of any claims, liens, encumbrances or legal processes with respect to the CPE. The CPE is personal property and is not to be regarded as part of the real estate on which it may be situated. The CPE shall not be removed from any location without the written consent of Company. The use of the CPE by Customer shall conform with all applicable laws, insurance policies, and instructions and warranties of the manufacturer and supplier of the CPE. Company shall have the right to inspect the CPE at the premises where the CPE is located. Customer shall, at its, expense maintain each item of CPE in good condition, normal wear and tear excepted. Customer shall not make any addition, alteration, or attachment to the CPE without Company’s prior written consent. Customer shall make no repair, addition, alteration or attachment to the CPE which interferes with the normal operation of maintenance thereof, or might result in the creation of mechanic’s or material man’s lien. The Company shall not be responsible for the installation, operation, or maintenance of equipment (including without limitation, cabling) not provided by the Company as CPE (collectively, “non-Company equipment or software”). Customer also acknowledges and agrees that Company reserves all rights and property interest in the IP addresses that may be assigned to Customer under this Agreement. And, that so called “Static” IP addresses are subject to change, and reassignment from time to time at the sole discretion of the Company.
- Customer agrees to immediately pay the Company the retail replacement price of any and all lost, stolen, or damaged Company owned equipment. And to pay the Company the retail replacement price for any and all equipment not immediately returned to the Company upon termination of service in good condition (normal wear & tear excepted).
- To avoid service disconnection all reoccurring service charges must be fully paid in advance of the service period covered. Service reconnection is subject to a $50 reconnect fee.
- Customer understands that the Internet is not owned, operated, managed by or in any way affiliated with the Company and that all content, services, information and other materials that may be offered, made available, or are accessible on the Internet are offered, made available, or are accessible solely by third parties who are not affiliated with Company or its affiliates. Use of the Internet by users is solely at the respective user’s own risk and is subject to all applicable Laws. Company does not warrant that the Data Services will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that any information, software, or other material that may be accessible via the Data Services, is free of viruses, disabling code, worms, or any other harmful components. Customers are solely responsible for their own security, screening, filtering, privacy, and to establish their own virus/worm detection, firewalls, VPN’s, etc if so desired. Without limiting anything contained herein, Customer further understands that the Internet contains unedited materials, some of which may be sexually explicit or may be offensive to some people and that Customer’s access to such materials are at Customer’s own risk. Company has no control over and accepts no responsibility of any kind for such materials.
- In using the Data Services, Customer agrees that it will comply with the Company’s then current “Acceptable Use & Network Abuse Policy” (a copy of which is available upon request, and at www.accsat.com/WirelessNetworkAbuse.htm) that seeks to prohibit illegal, impolite, and disruptive activities. Customer shall not improperly restrict or interfere with use of the Data Services (or of the Internet in general). Immediately upon discovery or notice from Company, Customer shall promptly remove any hazard, interference or service obstruction that may be caused by hardware or software not provided by Company. Company may, at its option or upon Customer’s request, troubleshoot problems involving the customer site. Such troubleshooting services shall be billed at the Company service rates in effect at the time such services are rendered. Restriction, suspension and/or termination of service may result from perceived violations of the Acceptable Use & Network Abuse Policy at the sole discretion of the Company. .
- CHANGE OF SERVICE AND CHARGES. Customer acknowledges that services, data, content, specifications, programming and their availability, taxes, fees and rates are subject to change without notice.
- Service availability requires that you have, and that a radio “line of site” path is maintained from the antenna at your site to the Access Point antenna providing the service signal. Changes in vegetation densities or other obstructions may interfere with this signal path. Various Internet failures beyond our control, network conditions, RF path loss changes, moves and changes to Access Points, and various acts of God may temporarily or permanently discontinue service. It is the responsibility of the Customer to maintain any needed backup internet access (EG: dial-up), if a backup system is desired by Customer.
- The company reserves the right to designate and change bandwidth allotments in real time, and cumulative allowable totals. Charges due per additional Gigabytes over allotments apply per each additional Gigabyte and/or fraction thereof.
- Termination. Subscriber may terminate services by giving 30 day written request to the Company. Installation fees are non-refundable. Pre paid service access fees are non refundable. Company reserves the right to decline to provide Services to any Customer, and to terminate services to any customer for any reason.
- Customer gives permission to Company to check Customer’s credit, and shall provide references upon request
- This Agreement does not establish a license for either party to use the other’s names, logos, trademarks, service marks, brands or any other proprietary rights.
- A failure by the Company to insist upon strict compliance with any of the terms of this Agreement in any instance shall not be construed as a waiver of such terms in the future. If any provisions of this Agreement shall be hold to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby, and the unenforceable portion shall be construed as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties. This Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, Butte County, without reference to its principles of conflicts of law.
- This Agreement, including any Service Orders (and attachments hereto or thereto), which shall be signed by the parties in the future, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereto and supersedes any and all prior to contemporaneous agreements whether written or oral. In the event that filed and effective tariffs of Company or its affiliates shall apply to the Data Services or any portion thereof, then such tariffs shall govern with respect to such Data Services. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any Service Orders, the terms of this Agreement shall prevail. This Agreement cannot be modified except in writing signed by both parties with any handwritten modifications to be of no force and effect.
- Currently the company does not supply email hosting. Customers are free to use any of the various email services (EG: Yahoo; Hotmail, etc, or those offered by ISP’s) and access those servers thru the wireless service.